Mark A. Neider
For nearly twenty years, Mark Neider has represented owners, home owners associations, developers, contractors, and subcontractors in a broad array of construction and development disputes. From mountain resort towns to the City of Denver, Mark has tried cases to verdict all over the state of Colorado. Mark has been rated a Super Lawyer by his peers based on his ongoing professional achievements and dedicated style of practice.
Beyond construction, Mark also practices in condominium and community association law having represented master or umbrella associations, homeowners associations, condominium associations, developers and owners in formulating regimes, drafting declarations and litigating disputes arising out of the development, operation and governance of common interest communities. The remainder of Mark’s practice focuses on representation of clients in complex commercial litigation involving matters such as intellectual property, trade mark infringement, unfair trade practices and breach of employment or shareholder agreements.
Given his extensive experience in complex multiparty cases, Mark has expanded involvement with managing insurance and has been published nationally on risk transfer and other insurance coverage issues. He has lectured to numerous trade organizations on topics impacting insurance coverage for property damage and bad faith claims under commercial general liability policies. Mark is an adept problem solver keen on finding his clients the most practical and viable solutions available to reduce their exposure to protracted litigation.
Mark has presented at the Colorado Defense Lawyer Association’s annual conference and served as an instructor for its trial academy. He is a trial practice graduate from the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. He was inducted into the Order of St. Ives as an honored graduate from the University of Denver Law School in 1996 while he worked full time in mortgage banking until he served a law clerk internship in Colorado’s Federal District Court. Mark was a member and editor for the University of Denver Law Review and graduation speaker for his class.
In his spare time, Mark enjoys the adventure of Colorado’s high country with his family as an avid skier, golfer and hiker summiting his first 14,000 foot peak in 2008.
Areas of Practice
- Construction and Development Law
- Community Association Law
- Commercial Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- AV, Preeminent - Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2009
- Colorado, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1998
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1996
- Honors: Order of St. Ives Recipient
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Advanced Legal Writing
- Honors: Scholastic Excellence Award for Remedies and Advanced Trial Practice
- Law Review: University of Denver Law Review, Member
- University of Colorado
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Political Science
- Claims Management March 2014, Issue 3, Volume 3, Around the Nation, COLORADO, Cost-Sharing Allocation for Construction Defect
- Claims Management October 2013, Issue 10, Volume 2 , Around the Nation, COLORADO - Flooding Takes Over
- Claims Management March 2013, Risk Spreading Management - New strategies for handling CGL claims are gaining traction in the industry.
- Shams v. Howard, 165 P.3d 876, Colorado Appellate Court, 2007
- Panel Speaker on “Minding the Mountain of Discovery in Construction Defect Cases”, hosted by the Construction Law Committee at the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Annual Conference, July 30, 2016, Snowmass, CO
- Presenting Speaker at AAA Quarterly District Office, August 20, 2015, Tips and Tricks for Risk Management
- Presenting Speaker, Rimkus Annual Regional CE Event, Ethics in Risk Transfer, May 2015
- Presenting Speaker at the Claims & Litigation Management Denver Chapter June 26, 2014 Event - You Make the Call - Coverage or No Coverage
- Presenting Speaker on Risk Transfer at the Denver Claims Association 2013
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Trial Academy Faculty Member on Voir Dire 2013
- Presenting Speaker on Ethics Opinion 91 at the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Annual Conference 2013
- Presenting Speaker on Consumer Protection and Fair Trade Claims, CEU Presentation February 2008
- Presenting Speaker on Multi Family Construction Defect Litigation, Downtown Denver Partnership, January 2008
Honors and Awards
- 2009 Colorado Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Rocky Mountain Property Claims Association
- Phi Delta Phi